08 July 2007

10

For Zachary and anyone else who might be interested, here are the ten records released over the past year that I would most highly recommend (along with four highlights from each one):


Rodney Atkins, If You’re Going Through Hell

"These Are My People," "In the Middle," "Man on a Tractor," "If You’re Going Through Hell"


Jason Michael Carroll, Waitin’ in the Country

"Alyssa Lies," "No Good in Goodbye," "Livin’ Our Love Song," "Love Won’t Let Me"


Bon Jovi, Lost Highway

"Whole Lot of Leaving," "Any Other Day," "Seat Next To You," "Stranger"


Toby Keith, Big Dog Daddy

"High Maintenance Woman," "Love Me If You Can," "White Rose," "I Know She Hung the Moon"


Jason Aldean, Relentless

"Laughed Until We Cried," "I Use What I Got," "My Memory Ain’t What It Used to Be," "I Break Everything I Touch"


Trace Adkins, Dangerous Man

"I Came Here to Live," "Ain’t No Woman Like You," "I Wanna Feel Something," "Fightin’ Words"


Eric Church, Sinners Like Me

"Sinners Like Me," "These Boots," "The Hard Way," "Guys Like Me"


Tim McGraw, Let It Go

"I’m Workin’," "Whiskey and You," "Nothin’ to Die For," "I Need You"


Tracy Lawrence, For the Love

"Find Out Who Your Friends Are," "For the Love," "As Easy as Our Blessings," "Til I Was a Daddy Too"


Gretchen Wilson, One of the Boys

"The Girl I Am," "One of the Boys," "Heaven Help Me," "There Goes the Neighborhood"

7 comments:

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

I've never "tagged" anyone else before, but I'd be curious to know what some of my friends and fellow music fanatics would recommend.

You know who you are, people. If you have a blog, post your top 10 from the past year there. Else, feel free (please) to put 'em here.

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

Honorable mention (alphabetical order):

Big & Rich, Between Raising Hell & Amazing Grace

Blaine Larsen, Rockin' You Tonight

Montgomery Gentry, Some People Change

Jake Owens, Startin' with Me

Brad Paisley, 5th Gear

Kellie Pickler, Small Town Girl

Bobby Pinson, Songs for Somebody

Taylor Swift (self-titled)

Keith Urban, Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing

Chris Young (self-titled)

Nat said...

Hm. I think the number of albums I own or have copies of that were produced within the last year numbers at most maybe two. I'm, ah, more of a oldies sort of guy, I suppose.

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

Okay, Nathaniel. But those two you do have must be really good, right? Don't worry about what you're not; just use what ya got.

Zaripest said...

Belated thanks for this post, dad!
My taste in music isn't quite the same as yours, but I really like a lot of the albums and songs that you put on your lists!

I think out of all 20 of the CDs that you listed, I like Let It Go, Sinners Like Me, Lost Highway, Relentless, and Between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace the most. Unfortunately, I haven't purchased ANY CDs this year, so I can't make a list of them. However, if you happen to get a Facebook at some point, and add the iLike application, you could see the list of 338 songs (and counting) that I have "iLiked" ;-).

Aaron.D.Nemoyer said...

Wow. I think you have awesome music taste, Pr. Stuckwisch! I don't buy CDs (I prefer just listening to a variety of good country music through "my station"), but at least 6 or 7 of those would make my top albums list.

Toby Keith's "Love Me If You Can" has been a particular favourite of mine recently. It's one of those songs I love to identify with ...might do a blog post on it eventually.

pax.

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

Dear Darth, thanks for your comments. I'm sorry to be slow in responding to you, but the last week or so has been very hectic, and I'm basically behind in everything.

I do appreciate your kind words and contributions here. From the sounds of it, I expect that you would enjoy Bobby Pinson's new record, if you haven't already listened to it. Also, I'm more and more jazzed about the new Bon Jovi and Jason Aldean records. Good stuff.

I'm in the process of listening to a new record by Saving Jane, which just arrived in the mail earlier this week. So far, so good, but I'm holding off on a blog review until I've been through it a few more times.