11 June 2009

My Top Twenty-Four Eurekas of 2009 (so far)

Thanks to Zach, either directly or indirectly, here are my four-and-twenty favorite "new bands" of 2009 (admittedly, a number of these are hardly anything new to anyone else, but they have been new discoveries for me since the turn of the year; kudos to Pandora Radio):

Black Stone Cherry

Shinedown

Plain White T's

Jet Black Stare

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

The All-American Rejects

Saving Abel

The Fray

Parachute

Stereoside

Fall Out Boy

This Providence

Thriving Ivory

Bowling for Soup

The Script

Meg & Dia

Evans Blue

Breaking Benjamin

Boys Like Girls

Finger Eleven

The Airborne Toxic Event

Theory of a Deadman

Paramore

The Cab

2 comments:

Monkey Laughs said...

Cool list! Some of these must have been very indirect influences of mine, since I've never heard of them ;-) Bekah made a Pandora station based on them all though, so I expect I will get to share in your discoveries shortly ;-)

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

Well, as you know, Zach, there were several of these groups that you did specifically bring to my attention. And those suggestions led to a number of other discoveries, some of which we have talked about. The truth is that sharing these interests with you is one of the things that I most enjoy about this music. That's why I credit you, indirectly, even when I discover something new that you've never heard of. Knowing that I can have the pleasure of introducing you to something I've found is a big part of the fun.

Anyway, I hope that you and Bekah enjoy some of these Eurekas, too.