14 January 2009

I Should Blog on This Too

This coming Monday, as folks are gathering in Fort Wayne for the annual symposia, there will be a free free conference at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Fort Wayne. Pastor Petersen has pulled together this opportunity for discussion, debate, the Word of God and prayer, and the mutual conversation and consolation of the brethren. I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope to see many other friends and colleagues and brothers in arms and sisters in Christ there. I encourage those who are anywhere near Fort Wayne on Monday (the 19th) to come check it out.

Pastor Petersen has asked Pastor Eckardt and me to kickstart the discussion with a brief diagnosis of those places where Lutheranism is currently missing the mark or in danger of slipping away from the catholic center of the Christian faith and life. I've been mulling that over now for the past month or so, and hopefully I'll be coherent in my attempt to articulate my thoughts. I'll be grateful to have Pastor Eckardt speak first; because then, if nothing else, I can simply play devil's advocate and disagree with everything he says (but probably not). The real challenge will be limiting my remarks to the 5-10 minutes that Pastor Petersen has allotted, but I'm trusting him to stop me when my time is up.

No comments: